Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thankful #4

Today I am grateful for the Primary Program.
It's the best Sunday of the year.

Here's my kids in a rare photo shoot before church. Yes, that means we got ready early enough to have time for pictures of them dressed up.
These boys were great about practicing their parts this year. Even Luke, who has never gotten up to sing or participate with the Primary ever, happily went when they called the kids. Watching them say their lines was like a perfect study in their contrasting personalities. Ethan waved wildly at us with a smile as big as his face. He confidently gripped the microphone with two hands before starting his part. Luke stood sheepishly embarrassed when he saw us in the audience and then flushed bright red after saying his line. He also accidentally dropped the picture of himself that he was to hold up, but I think he was more amused than upset about that. Both boys were very cute to watch sing the songs. Luke, who was in the very front, rested his elbows on the stand and cupped his chin in his hands through every single number.
Practicing for the program also gave us a good opportunity to have a few chats about what their parts meant. I'm so glad they're building small & simple testimonies of the gospel. It's amazing how much is sinking in when they look like they're not paying attention at all (or completely wrestling each other) during family night.
I'm also grateful that I get to dress up a little girl for church. I've picked out quite a few sweater vests and ties in my time, but dresses, hairbows and church shoes are much more fun. Doesn't she look cute?

7 comments:

Susan R said...

Oh my gosh Audra. I love the photos, especially the daddy/daughter.

[AnnieR] said...

Your Thankful #5 should be the following:

I'm thankful that my old roomie Annie lives so far away because she would steal the satiny grey and white polka dot dress right off of my baby's darling body.

That dress is so cute. I want it. I want it bad.

But little Miss Chloe is even more cute. If I didn't have so many of my own, I might want her, too. Our family could use a little boy, though...

jenerekfamily said...

Oh heavens Audra. That Chloe smile is enough to do me right in. It was fun to gawk at her during Sacrament Meeting. She gets cuter every time I see her.

And you forgot to mention the intonation that Ethan used when he said his part. Couldn't have been cuter!

Unknown said...

I was pretty proud of your two boys, as well. They melt my heart every week. Thanks for sharing them with us in primary!

bethany said...

Audra-your children really are beautiful! And I'm jealous that they participate in the Primary Program. I have a sneaky suspicion that when Jakson gets to that point (next year!) he'll refuse to have anything to do with it.
I agree with Annie-that dress is fantastic!

Danielle Harris said...

The picture of the kids together is way too cute!!! I love Luke staring adoringly at Chole. I'm glad everything went great with the program and I wish I could have seen them in action.

Annalisa said...

very cute children!