This morning I'm thankful for:
Disneyland Passes
(okay, this picture is actually outside of California Adventure, but you get the idea).
I grew up with parents who (smartly) thought it was crazy to take kids to Disneyland during the most crowded time of the year. We lived locally, so why not wait until tourist season is over and have the park to yourself when you go? I agree with this logic, and therefore have never been to Disneyland outside of the months of October or March. However, thanks to some seriously aggressive advertising in the 80's & 90's (I can still hum the commercial's jingle in my head), Christmastime at Disneyland has always held a certain mystique to me. Was it really as cool as it looked on TV? The answer is a big, huge YES. And even more so when you're an adult and can see your kids enjoy the magic with you. Armed with our new annual passes we picked Will up from work yesterday afternoon and went to the opening day of the Christmas festivities. All my Disneyland junkie friends are probably laughing at me by now, by I had no idea that they make it "snow" on Main Street, transform It's a Small World into a complete Christmas version, put snow on the Sleeping Beauty castle and coordinate the fireworks to Christmas carols. Not to mention all the decorations, lights and trees are beautiful. There were moments when I felt 10 years old again (although the Baby Bjorn strapped to me quickly jolted me back into my mother-of-three reality). Only Luke was a little concerned that Disney had completely overlooked Thanksgiving, but I think he'll get over it.
Hooray for the Holidays!

3 comments:
This makes me wish SO much that we lived close enough to go--or had enough money to afford to travel. I'll put this on my "someday" list-it sounds so fabulous!!
Hmmm...christms cd's before thanksgiving last year and a Disney Christmas before thanksgiving this year...I'm going to have to have a serious talk with you soon. :)
Now I want to go! You can tell Luke he doesn't need to worry. Disney has a big THanksgiving feast at the Disneyland Hotel. My family went when I was like 12. The characters even get to come.
Post a Comment