Sunday, October 04, 2009

Halloween is upon us

What kind of Halloween costume goes on sale before October 1st?

What kind of discounted Halloween costume is actually available in Ethan's size?
(In fact, it's on sale and still available in every size).

What kind of costume has a music box sewn inside the lining of the costume--which plays a song that still makes me cringe from memories of high school Stake dances?

What kind of costume is worthy of being the final selection of a child who absolutely agonizes over his Halloween costume?

What kind of costume trumps every alternative suggestion of aforementioned child's parents?

(And, no, it's not a Dung Beetle costume).

This year I'll be trick or treating with a . . .

DANCING CHICKEN
(and yes, he knows the dance, although I have no idea how he knows it. I certainly didn't teach it to him.)

Luckily, the costume had not arrived in time for him to wear it on his pre-school field trip to the pumpkin patch (not to mention it was 87 degrees outside!), so his Halloween T-shirt had to suffice.

Next up in our month of festivities: visiting the Halloween-version of the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland for the first time!

5 comments:

bethany said...

I love it! If only Jakson wanted to be a dancing chicken. Well, if only Jakson wanted to be ANYTHING. He doesn't want to dress up. And I had all these grand ideas for costumes to make for him.

Kelli said...

I love hearing about your boys! Lucky Ethan with his costume.

KatieB said...

i've always loved the chicken costume! so happy you got one! avery has a lady costume from lady and the tramp--same concept: her face sticking out of a giant animal's head. hilarious all around.

ethan will be in heaven in the haunted mansion :), and i can't wait for you to take him to disneyland at christmas time with all the giant trees and decorations, he'll love it!

cassaundra said...

Really? i love it. your halloween posts, year after year, might be my favorite. the snoopy was a classic.

Elizabeth Jex said...

your family is gorgeous. loved the announcement for sweet little chloe -- fun to see that bollard look on a girl! you look beautiful!