Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy Food Post

So after my cracker rant on Wednesday, I feel inclined to counter-balance things. (However, thanks for all the sweet offers for Saltines from my neighbors. The next time a craving hits I know who to call). After all, not all food has been an enemy to me this week. There were a few bright spots, starting with:

  • The dinner my sweet friend Maren brought over on Tuesday, "because she wasn't going to let me say no." It included homemade rolls. Enough said.
  • My friend Maureen's deluxe wheat bread, with flax seed, walnut pieces, and cracked wheat she grinds fresh herself. Trust me, the picture doesn't do it justice.
  • The first early crop of Costco strawberries. Don't even know how many of these I've eaten this week. Especially yummy on top of my cereal.
  • Making Valentine's Sugar cookies with my boy's this afternoon. I believe enough frosting will cure anything. And we had some fun together (instead of Mommy lying on the couch moaning).
  • And, to top it off, my Mom has promised a "traditional Grandma Rose dinner" when we come on Sunday. If your last name is or ever was Rose you KNOW how happy this is.

2 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

So this is totally random but my friend sent me this link today and I thought you would appreciate it...reminded me a little of your dentist story with Ethan :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiwrbYGrs

Meredith said...

LOVE your bangs.