Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Quiz

1 Apple cider, eggnog or hot chocolate? I'm an Egg Nog girl all the way. (Although I highly recommend the Spicy Cider from Trader Joe's, it's good hot or cold).

2 Turkey or Ham? Turkey, preferably with my Uncle Greg's stuffing. I'm not too partial though, I like a good Honeybaked Ham too.

3 Does Santa wrap or just set them under the tree? Santa doesn't wrap, but all gifts from Mom & Dad always were wrapped. Wrapping is big in my family--wrapping paper has to coordinate with the Christmas decor of the tree the present is being placed under. This year my Mom redecorated in blues & browns so the bright red snowman papers are out this year.

4 Colored or white lights on the tree? White

5 Fake or real-cut-it-yourself-tree? Real-get-it-from-Lowe's-Tree. Will indulges me in this because I love the smell and the whole outing of getting a real tree. He would love a fake one from Costco.
.
6 Favorite Christmas song? A tie between Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas sung by Judy Garland in the movie Meet Me in St. Louis, or O Holy Night sung as the final number of the Irvine Stake Choir Festival every year.

7 How do you feel about Christmas movies? Love em! Favorites are Miracle on 34th Street & It's a Wonderful Life.

8 Favorite Holiday dish? How do you pick just one? . . . when I was little my Grandma Rose made this special Christmas Eve side dish called frozen pink marshmallow salads--they kind of defy description--but just to give you an idea they consist of such random ingredients as the juice from drained maraschino cherries, ginger ale, marshmallows melted in a double boiler, mayonnaise and canned fruit cocktail. And I just loved them. After awhile everyone in the family vetoed them from the menu, so my Grandma would secretly make a batch just for me and keep them in the freezer.

9 When is it too early to start the Christmas music? Before Thanksgiving is too early, but all of December if free reign.

10 What is your favorite holiday smell? Turkey Roasting or Orange Rolls baking. Oh, and I love the Vanilla Bean Noel lotion from Bath & Body Works.

11 How did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly can't remember. I think it was kind of a gradual thing. And it was fun to keep playing along for my brother, who is 10 years younger than me.

12 What kind of decorations are on your tree? Red holly berry garland, gold star on top, and no glass bulbs this year (not compatible with a 2 & 3 year old!).

13 Open presents Christmas Eve or Day? We open one present on Christmas Eve, which is usually pajamas. That present had a star marked on the tag. All the rest are saved for Christmas Day.

14 Go to someone else’s house or have them at yours? Until we have a bigger place, it's fun to go "home" to my Mom's , Grandma's, or the Bollards for Christmas. This will be the first year of our seven years of marriage that we will sleep in our own bed on Christmas Eve.

15 Giving or receiving? Now that I have kids, it's all about the anticipation of their reaction to their presents. It is the best gift to just watch their faces.

No comments: