Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankful #8

Today I am thankful for:
My Sister Danielle

(This is us the day after Thanksgiving 2004)
Here are just some of the reasons why:

-She's forgiven me (maybe?) for being a very bossy older sister
-She was my co-conspirator in high school when we took the mini-van through the car wash instead of hand washing it like we were supposed to.
-She has a gift with children. She loves them, they love her. Almost without exception. I sooooo wish she could be my kids 2nd grade teacher.
-She sends the best birthday packages, always on time (she used to work at a UPS store), and gift-wrapped even underneath the box. They are almost always stuffed with really good books.
-She has a very dry, sarcastic sense of humor--you have to watch for the little comments under her breath.
-She can talk Twilight & New Moon with the best of them.
-She rarely complains (now why didn't I get that trait?)
-She ends most phone conversations with "Love you Aud!"
-She endures hard things with patience and faith.
-And, she's coming for Christmas this year. Hooray!
Love you Yelly.

2 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

I'm thankful for Danielle too!!! And so sad I won't be there for Christmas this year :(

Danielle Harris said...

You are sweet Aud. I don't know how true all that is, but nice anyway! I'm thankful for you too and got over the bossy older sister thing years ago!