Getting ready to jump
He floats!
He did it! (And on his 5th birthday no less!)
Here goes Lukey
10 seconds can be a long time . . .
Relief! He did it too!
Who knew two yellow ribbons (gold medals they call them) could make these boys so happy?
Today was also Chloe's first Dr.'s appointment. Our little sweet pea is literally very little, weighing in at the 13th percentile. However, she has surpassed her birth weight, gaining 10 ounces in the last week alone, so hopefully she'll be filling out her clothing soon. I can't say enough about how sweet and mellow this newborn is. When I was telling my pediatrician (who saw me through Ethan's gag reflex and Luke's colic) about Chloe's good nature, the Dr. remarked that God intended her as my reward after the other two! Whatever the reason, I'm just so grateful.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Back Floats & Baby Updates
Today marked Ethan & Luke's graduation from swim lessons. When we started in May neither boy would even put their face in the water. In fact, we had a couple of lessons where Luke refused to get in the pool entirely. But now, three months and more money than I'd like to recall later, they passed their final benchmark to becoming Level 3 swimmers. To do so they had to jump in the pool fully clothed, without their goggles, and then float on their back for 10 seconds before swimming to the side of the pool. This demonstrates (hopefully) how they would react should they ever fall in the deep end of a pool accidentally.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Faith (our 5 year old) was having the same problems with swimming. The expensive lessons are totally worth it. So nice to know your kid can be safe and enjoy the pool.
Love the luke's pet comment. Priceless.
darling!
and those boys are awesome for floating like that. its a great test, i should have the boys do that test as part of being prepared for an emergency.
again, your girl is so sweet. smiles!!!
That is a really great test for swimming. I don't think Jakson could do it. Okay, I know he couldn't do it. Good job to the boys! And Chloe is so cute! I love her dark hair. Jakson has always been in about the 15-20% as well, but I don't think it's a big deal. Glad she's such a good baby!!
She is so adorable! And congratulations to your boys for advancing in swimming!
She is absolutely precious, how are YOU doing?
i want to hold her SOSOSOSO bad!
She's so sweet! I'm glad I got to see her today.
She's beautiful.
i cannot wait to meet her!! it is surreal seeing you guys with a girl!! i love it. she is so precious.
Your boys look so happy with themselves! I love it! And Chloe is soooo cute! Her cheeks look so smooshy even though she is little.
Oh, Audra...I'm so happy your boys are swimmers! Yay! And Chloe is precious. I need to come and visit you...what happened to the meals I was going to make you?
I love the picture of Luke with Chloe in his his bed. I can't stop chuckling.
She's adorable! We're so happy for you both! Congrats!
Post a Comment