***Warning for the faint of heart: Graphic "Diaper-Shot" Sonogram Pictures Posted****
20 week ultrasound of Ethan, "It's A Boy!"
18 Week Ultrasound of Luke, "It's A Boy!"
13 week ultrasound of Baby #3 - "It appears you have a boy!"
18 week ultrasound of Baby #3 - "SURPRISE, IT'S A . . . GIRL!!!!!!!"
Well, after five weeks of gearing up to welcome a third boy, we got quite a shock on Thursday when the radiologist announced our baby is in fact a girl.Of course, I was more than a little skeptical given our family history: my Dad is one of six boys (no girls), Will's paternal grandmother gave birth to four boys (only 1 girl), my mother-in-law gave birth to five boys (no girls) and so far my sister-in-laws and I have produced five boys (no girls). My SIL Tori was even told her first baby was a girl, only later to find out that it was the umbilical cord wrapped around HIS legs. We had all started to assume that the elusive Bollard-girl didn't exist!
But once the radiologist caught wind of our story, she had the perinatologist come in and do a re-check. Thirty seconds into the ultrasound his exact words were, "100%, you can take it to the bank, this is a little lady." When I explained that no one in my family was going to believe this, the radiologist came back and did a third re-check, confirmed the location of the umbilical cord and was patient enough to get a clear between-the-legs shot for me to take home.
When we told Ethan the news his first response was, "Well, I guess we're not naming it Henry." When we told Luke he became upset and confused, asking, "But where did my brother go?" He's taking it a little better now that his Grandpa told him he could call the baby sister tigress. While Will and I are thrilled with this turn of events, it still seems a bit surreal. As I watch my two "bear cubs" wrestle on the floor it's hard to imagine a little girl in the mix. I'm overwhelmed by the sheer amount of cute baby girl clothes, bedding, bracelets, shoes and hairbows that I've forced myself not to look at over the past five years. This is going to be so fun!
And, if this turn of events is any indicator, she just might already be our drama-queen.

20 comments:
I really am so so so excited for you Aud!! Girly things here we come!
WOW!!!! That is so exciting. That baby girl is bound to be one tough tigress.
You can safely wander to the girls section even though you won't need to, I am sure between your mom and mother-in-law this angel is going to be the best dressed girl in the OC.
I am excited to hear what her name is going to be.
This will be the most spoiled girl on the face of the earth.... Congratulations
We are so excited for you and can't wait to meet her!
That is so exciting!! I wasn't going to say anything because of all your boys, but little girls really are the best. She will be well protected by her brothers and spoiled by her grandmas and father!
Yay!! What a surprise! This is girl is going to be so incredibly spoiled. And incredibly beautiful.
I am so happy for you! Little boy clothes aren't half as fun as little girl clothes. Have fun!!!
That is awesome! Oh you are going to LOVE it! Now you get to buy the girl toys you always wanted. I am totally fighting the urge to buy my 18 month old a ride on barbie jeep.
I have two older brothers and I promise you that your sweet little girl will be right in wrestling with the boys-- except she will have a cute hair bow in while she is doing it!
We are all so EXCITED for you guys!!!!! You guys have broken the Bollard curse. We look forward to meeting her! Congrats, it's so much fun having one of each but watch out it's one extreme to the next! Can't wait to hear more about it in April.
YEAH!!! You deserve some girl baby shopping :)
Hey, I was thinking...this means I can branch out from truck, animal, dinosaur, etc. books and buy the cute princess, fairy, best friends books. I actually bought some girl books when I found out you were pregnant and thought I wouldn't get to give them to you, but now I can!!!
very exciting!!
Yeah! Two boys and a girl...just like me!
You will have so much fun!
Yay! That's exciting a girl! That will be so fun for you and your family, and she'll have two big brothers to protect her.
Oh my goodness! I can start making you some cute baby bracelets. How awesome. Gee...you don't think she'll be spoiled do you?
I couldn't believe it when I heard the news! That is so exciting! I love making little bows, girl stuff is so fun!
yay! finally!!! love you guys!!
Yeah!! At least you were settled for another boy and got a great surprise of a girl. Awesome!!
Okay, so maybe the saddest and happiest moment for me in the car tonight...
Dylan and i are driving and I say, "can you believe Will and Audra are having another boy?? Poor thing, Audra needs a girl." He waits a minute then says, "No wait they are having a girl."
"no they are not Dylan."
"Yes they are. They are having a girl, amber just told us when you were in Las Vegas. They like triple checked, its a girl!"
Shut UP!!!! I was dying. The only sad part was that I found out from dylan. I sooo wanted to hear the story from you!!! I am so stinking excited I cannot even tell you!!! YOU need a girl! I love love love having both and can't wait for you to experience both sides.
I went all out with the Missy girl and haven't regretted a second of it!!! It is so fun. Do you like all my "!!!!". Just want you to know i am beaming and I immediately jumped on your blog to double check that dylan wasn't crazy.
I already am thinking of about 50 gifts that the little one must have!
Names, have you even considered yet?? We need to hear!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! the boys will adore her!
I can't wait to see the girl version of a Luke and Ethan!
Post a Comment