Some friends are putting together an 80's Dance Party for Valentine's Day, so in the spirit of "returning to our younger ways," they challenged each guy to ask his date creatively. This was all unbeknownst to me when Will came home with five helium balloons filled with these puzzle pieces.
My kids went wild with excitement as I popped each one. Who knew creative dating was even more fun with toddlers? Of course, if I'd really been on the ball I would've toilet-papered a giant yes on Will's car or something, but alas, morning sickness intervened.
We also had to submit our Senior Pictures for a slide show. Now why didn't any of my friends in high school teach me how to properly pluck my eyebrows? This is just embarassing!
Now I've got to plan our outfits. I'm thinking leggings, extra long shirt with an extra wide belt, jean jacket, crimped hair, and some sort of awesome pink lace hair bow to top it off. But what kind of shoes? And any ideas for Will?
And in preparation, a totally rad playlist is being compiled. Here's just a sampling of the suggestions so far:
Friday I'm in Love - The Cure, Safety Dance - Men Without Hats, Take on Me - A-Ha, Rio - Duran Duran, Sweet Child O Mine - Guns n Roses, Bizarre Love Triangle - New Order, It's My Life - Talk Talk, Rock the Casbah - The Clash, Hazy Shade of Winter- The Bangles, Billy Jean - MJ, What I Like About You - The Romantics, Just Can't Get Enough- Depeche Mode . . . I could go on and on, but you get the idea.
Any more ideas for me (I haven't submitted my list yet)?
Oh, and don't forget the slow songs!
True- Spandau Ballet
Lady In Red - Chris deBurgh
Forever Young - Alphaville
In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel
Open Arms - Journey
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
OP shorts and tube socks, and a ringer t-shirt. Classic 80's. Songs: Debbie Gibson "Lost in Your Eyese" and the Bangles "Eternal Flame" and A-ha "Take On Me"
White keds or "jellies"...the perfect 80s shoes. In my 80s Halloween costume I sported some turquoise patent leather pumps too. They were quite a hit! You have some creative friends! =What a fun party idea. And don't forget the leg warmers! (apparently they're are sort of back in style because they are available at several stores these days!)
I think you should wear colored high heels. They look way cute with scrunch socks or leg warmers! :) Will needs a body glove hat with the bill flipped up. Will can wear the parachute type pants and a Michael Jackson glove. The Jackson red leather jacket was pretty cool too. You covered most of the good songs, except you basically need the whole "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" soundtrack. Do you remember the dance moves? I think they scarred Dave...
I think you should wear two different colored high heels. Or at least two different colored socks with your high heels. And a hyper color shirt.
Make sure you take pictures...you know, for posterity's sake.
Steve and I were pathetically excited by the number of songs we knew on your play list. We are such children of the 80s and so hopelessly lost on anything after the late 90s. Oh well. The party sounds great--and congrats on baby 3! Hope you get feeling better soon!
classic 80s...ponytail off to the side, banana clips, blue eye shadow, bangles, leg-warrmers...all good things!
Post a Comment