Monday, November 24, 2008

Bullet Point Blog

I'm taking my cue from Katie and going with the bullet point post. It's what you have to do when there's not enough material for a real blog post, just bits and pieces of everyday life.
  • I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping, but you can't hate me because this NEVER happens to me. I'm crediting it all to the ideas of my practically-professional-shopping consultant (my SIL Tori) and one extremely productive South Coast trip with my Mom.
  • After a very long dry spell, I'm back into a book. I'm reading Three Cups of Tea and it's great. Gotta gear up for the year-end book review post.
  • Ethan's given himself a new middle initial. He puts a Q between his first and last name now, because he "likes to draw the tail." How many "Q" names are there anyway? Quinten, Quincy, Quinn . . . . and my friend's husband who's middle name is Quayle . . . that's about it I think.
  • Will's brother Sam graduated from Air Force Basic Training in San Antonio on Friday. Much respect to Sam, as the video I saw about the training looked grueling: think screaming drill sergeants and a mandatory tear gas chamber "experience." Ouch. Sam's next round of training will be in Vandenburg (up past Santa Barbara).
  • In the vein of "I can't believe I'm publicly admitting this," I've been rocking to the Twilight soundtrack for three days now and I love it.

  • My Thanksgiving assignments are rolls, green beans & apple pie. The debate continues in our house: Orange or Crescent Dinner rolls? Sweet or Savory? Is it worth making both?
  • Today Luke was in a Thanksgiving play with his playgroup friends. I use the word "play" in the loosest sense of the word--why do kids always get shy the minute their parents pull out the camera?--but it made for a great photo-op.
  • What I am most grateful for this Thanksgiving is two little boys who have learned to entertain each other. Everyone told me it would happen, but it's just so hard to envision until it really happens. And it does happen regularly now, at least long enough for me to write this, fold the laundry and eat my lunch in peace. Why doesn't everyone have kids 13 months apart? (Ha!).

4 comments:

cassaundra said...

how funny is that about the music?? Here i am saying it almost killed it for me and you are there rocking out to it! so interesting! I am so glad you party the night away too, and yes my child also woke up at 4am!! Of course! I can't wait to see it again and read it again!

David and Brooke Gallagher said...

Don't know how you do it. Everyone in the family says your really good at it. Mine are both 13 months apart I most certainly struggle! Although different, I deal with a wild and out of control son and a daughter that I think has already starting going through pms at 5 months. All my props to you!

Audra Bollard said...

The first year is the hardest. I promise it WILL get better eventually (like once they both SLEEP and go to pre-school!). Hang in there, Brooke! I'm sure you're doing a wonderful job. Can't wait to meet your cuties in May!

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

I am currently having the exact same roll debate! I might end up giving into the side of me I've been trying to let go (which would cause me to make both)...but we'll see how much time I have :)