Thursday, July 17, 2008

Christy's Rag Quilts

A few weeks ago, out of the blue, Ethan got the idea in his head that he'd like a new blanket. Seeing as I don't sew, he decided to ask his Grandma Bollard. She graciously agreed and took him on a one-on-one outing to the "babric store."
Like a good Grandma, she let Ethan pick any fabric his heart so desired, resulting in this "interesting" pirate choice below. She then quickly picked out several much cuter coordinating fabrics to offset his pick (which she cleverly hid on the blanket's backside).
As if this wasn't enough, she's a smart enough (and nice enough) Grandma to know that little brother needs to have everything older brother has.
Embroidery makes them extra special.
Thank you Grandma, we are so happy with our new blankies!

8 comments:

bethany said...

Cute quilts!! I really like them! Your MIL did a great job-I've been wanting to figure out how to make a rag quilt, but it's on my very long list of things to make. Someday...

KatieB said...

so cute! i LOVE the pirate fabric! did you ever see the lavender Elmo fabric my mom used once for a quilt for Rylee?

Tami said...

So cute! What a treasure for each of your boys, and what a super sweet grandma!

Annalisa said...

those are awesome. such a fun gift.

cassaundra said...

Love it!! It is so nice to have grandmas that can not ony sew but are willing to! Love the embroidery...so so sweet! My mom just made miles a Lightning McQueen and Mator blankie he loves.

Austin and Kelli said...

How darling! What a great grandma!

elizabeth said...

So cute! Love them!

The Titmi said...

Awesome! I tried to get my mil to make a quilt for my kids and she bought some fleece and did it no sew style. Not exactly what I was expecting and definatly not as cute as your boy's blankets