Friday, February 15, 2008

Turned around for 2 seconds . . .

So I was trying to tame Luke's mop top and the phone rang. I made the mistake of leaving him unattended (for 2 seconds!) with the spray bottle . . .

He was so wet we had to change his entire outfit. And yes, we have to use a spray bottle to get his hair to cooperate. Running the comb under the sink doesn't cut it.

When each of my boys were born I was delighted with how much hair they had. I thought it made them look so cute and grown up. Luke in particular had more hair than some three-year olds and it was thick and wavy. I never got to use those cute little baby brushes--we graduated directly to a comb, and I had to trim the pieces hanging over his ears when he was only 6 weeks old.

What no one told me is that hair is only a blessing if you have girls. If you have boys it is a daily battle to tame the mess, culminating in even worse battles at frequent trips to the hair dresser, which costs me my money and all my pride. For example, did you know at Supercuts it's apparently a law that they cannot cut someone's hair unless that are wearing that black cape? I do because Luke is phobic about that cape and practically seizes the minute they try to put it on him. I also have had the experience of Luke throwing up the gummy bears I tried to bribe him with on that black cape because he hates it so much. I've taken him to special children's haircutting stores where they have toys and balloons with no success. We've bought a home haircutting kit and put him in a high chair in front of the TV, still no success.

Meanwhile, I fantasize about the possibility of a little girl child with Luke's wavy, dark hair all grown out and done up in beautiful bows and clips (I really like these at Refined Sugar accessories) . . . requiring no cutting other than the occasional trim, in which she will sit perfectly still for and smile sweetly when it's over . . .
I can dream right?

3 comments:

KatieB said...

hey, did you know that's darice's business? way to give it a plug!

Kirbell said...

I hope you have a girl someday...WITH beautiful locks!

Melissa said...

I hope you get your girl...and I hope I get a boy!