Winter has finally hit here
in Southern California. Concerned mother that I am, I rushed out to get the annual pair of footed Carters pajamas for my boys. I thought they were so cute and snugly as I was zipping my boys up into them last night. Well, they don't look so cute at 2:00am when your three year old is losing a wrestling match with them in his bed trying to get his feet free. They are even more hideous when you're woken up again at 2:30 am by your two year old who has equally sweaty feet. Curse the footed pajamas! It's going to have to get a lot colder before I will be pulling these out again. On a happier note, has anyone read the newest installment in the Olivia books? I think Olivia is hilarious to begin with, but this Christmas version is so amusing I was willing to pay the hardcover price for it. Kudos to any author that can delight both the child and the parent who will be reading it aloud 500 times.

7 comments:
I love Olivia! i'll have to check out the christmas one! i had footed PJ issues this week too. the ones i bought the girls aren't quite big enough, and avery's toe was poking through a hole in the fabric by the next morning.... i impressed her to no end with my sewing skills though and stitched it closed. i don't it will last through the wash...
We had a bathroom issue with ours. Jacob woke us up at 2 am crying because he couldn't figure out how to get his arms back into them or zip them up. They do look so cute in them though.
We lived in MN and my little brother could never stand the footies - and it was below zero many a day when he would wear them! My mom ended up cutting off the feet of the pajamas. Funny, huh?
I have not read any of the Olivia books but have been ordering Christmas books online..I will add this to the list. We missed you at lunch last month! By the way, I have you again for Christmas...any ideas? And Will too??
Courtney has a very hard time with footies too. I think they should stop making them when the kids are too old to really be in them because let's be honest, I still want to buy them because they're so darn cute!
Very funny story about the pajamas! I can just picture your cute boys freaking out over the pajamas. They were so cute at the desert. It was great to see your sweet family there. We've finally hopped on the blog-wagon, so you'll have to check out our blog when you get a chance: gunderblog.blogspot.com. Anyway, we'll see you for Christmas. Take care, Ryan and Joselyn
Rachel wears 2 pairs of the footed pjs every night b/c I can't keep her room warm enough...and she isn't about to keep a blanket on her all night...maybe its cold enough in this old place that she doesn't get sweaty feet in them. That is really funny that they both woke up!
Post a Comment