This weekend Ethan, Luke & I were visited by the wrath of some sort of food poisoning or stomach flu. It was violent, but blessedly brief. However, I can't figure out the math of how a 24-hour bug has left me with at least 48-hours worth of laundry and a sink full of the dishes still from Friday night's dinner (which I cooked and then threw up four hours later--ewww). Illness aside, I feel like my children are just whirlwinds of destruction. This week alone I cleaned up half-chewed tootsie rolls from the floor, red art paint off the wall, highlighter pen on the couch cushions, endless toys with impossibly small parts, peed on bedsheets, pooped on pants and potting soil (along with the shreds of my newly bloomed mums) off the patio. I clean and I clean and my house never looks clean. I know I must not be alone in this struggle--yesterday my sister-in-law and I agreed that the greatest present we could ever recieve would be to leave the house messy and to come home to it sparkling clean. I must be getting rather dull & old if that is now my greatest desire, but that is seriously my reality
Well, I realize that few will believe this coincidence, but it proves my point amazingly well. As I just typed the last line of the paragraph above, Luke walked over to the area rug in my living room and threw up all over it. Needless to say, I've got to go . . .
Sunday, November 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
ooh! your throw up stories always make me want to cry! i'm so sick of cleaning up only to find that before i get to the other side of the room everything has been undone. and don't get me started on the poop and pee clean up....
Story of my life! I've given up. I just wait until the kids go to bed to pick up and do dishes. I have tried to pick up during the day...but it's pointless.
I know your pain! Jonny and Mattie undo everything. Potty training Matt has been crazy. I am sooo tired of cleaning poop off underpants and off the toilet seat. yuck!
I hope you guys feel better:)
Glamour.
Glam. More.
Glam. Or.
Glamorous.
Glam. More. Us.
It is 4:30 in the a.m.
Hope everyone feels better soon. YUCK.
We caught something too. Well, Ryan and Katie did. Saturday night was awful, but last night we made it through without any vomiting so I think ours was less violent and also a bit shorter. I hope it doesn't last for you!
Oh, yes, I feel your pain. I feel like all I do is clean, and I really hate cleaning. Maybe I'll ask for a housekeeper for Christmas.
How sad about the throwing up. I think most moms feel that way. We will be down on Wednesday before Thanksgiving and then until Sunday. It would be fun if you guys came to Disneyland with us one day but I also know how hard it can be. We will definitely be there for dinner on Thanksgiving though.
I am so sorry! We all have days and sometimes weekends where we would like to hide...we can't but wouldn't it be nice? There is a study out there that says moms, if paid an hourly wage for the actual time they put in as a mother would receive well over $200k a year. It never sleeps, or gives you a 15. My solution is to make sure you get time, be it a cleaner once a month even, an evening out etc. This is our season and it doesn't last. Try as we may to enjoy.
You guys might have to do that lovely test the rest of us have been getting for giardia. Ben came up postiive and Heidi and I are awaiting results. That might sound gross but after your comments. . .
Our lives are disgusting!!!!!
OHH you poor things! Hunter & I had that last week. Luckily Shane worked from home that day, Oh wait, that didn't make a bit of difference because Houston still spilled the POWDERED chocolate milk all over the floor then ate what he could off the ground, while Cade made chocolate milk "sand" castles and tracked it all over the carpet, walls & couches! I feel your pain.......
Post a Comment