

Well, for those of you who I talked with prior to this vacation, I am happy to report that both of my non-water-safe toddlers survived five days on the Lake Pleasure at Lake Powell without drowning, falling off the boat, getting bit by a rattlesnake, or carbon monoxide poisoning-- whew! And, I think they had a lot of fun in spite of my constant policing.
With 33 people from the Bollard & Calder families on two houseboats, we also had a lot of good family bonding time.
One of the boys favorite things to do was wake up each morning and fish off the back of the houseboat. Ethan got a little over anxious reeling in a fish and it smacked him in the face! We told him the fish "kissed him." Good thing it was a little blue gill and not one of the big, nasty carp that would swim up to the surface and eat whole chunks of bread we were trying to feed some ducks with!


With his Dad away in trial, Will got the responsibility of being our Captain. He did a good job driving the boat despite some technical difficulties.

Of course the best part of going to Lake Powell is the water sports. I was happy to discover that I could still get up on
skis after a five year break. The banana boat was a big hit with my teenage cousins once Will & Sam showed them how to jump between the banana and a tube (which Ethan correctly summed up by saying, "They is crazy!).



Our silly boys, surrounded by the most sand & inflatable toys I've ever seen for two little boys!

Luke discovered sunglasses (at least long enough to snap this picture anyway).
5 comments:
looks like fun, sorry we missed it. there is nothing like lake powell for the kids, memories that they will have forever!
I am glad that you had a safe trip. We went last year with Layla and I even made her sleep with a life vest. Your boys are adorable as always. I can't wait until Jack is old enough to fish. Those fishing pictures are too cute.
I love it! I can't believe they didn't just jump off the side! I heard Will's dad won-it's funny that I saw his picture in a magazine. Weird. :)
I'm so glad that you guys had a good time. You were brave to even attempt it but now you know that they will have fun on the houseboat for many years to come.
I'm glad you survived and actually had fun too. I love Lake Powell!
Post a Comment