This is my 100th blog post. I realize that the traditional way to mark this is the "100 things about me" list, but I just can't bring myself to do it (and, let's be honest, if any of you have been reading this blog for the last 100 entries then you already know more about me and my family than you ever wanted to know).
Instead, I decided the perfect way to mark the 100th milestone, is to finally join the 100 Day Challenge, and invite you all to do the same. This challenge was created by my fabulously creative (and seriously motivated) friend Amy & her husband Brian. You can read all about it on her blog here, or on Brian's blog, which is solely dedicated to this challenge, here. The idea came about after their five year-old son had his 100th day of school party and brought home his school journal entry explaining that just 100 days ago he didn't know how to read, write, or do math, and now he could. Their thought was that if this kind of progress was possible for a kindergarten student, then what could each one of us accomplish if we truly dedicated ourselves to reaching a goal, any goal, during a 100 day period?
At first I felt overwhelmed about picking a realistic goal that I could stick to. However, I have felt inspired by watching many of my friends who are now about halfway through their 100 days and what they have accomplished. If some of them are able to give up sugar, learn Italian, or write a book in 100 hundred days, then surely I can do something as well. So, for the next 100 days I will make an effort to read aloud to Ethan AND Luke everyday. This is something I do with Ethan nearly everyday, but has been more difficult to do with Luke, as the best quiet time for reading in our house is when he's asleep. I think if I make it a conscious goal for the next 100 days then both boys will receive more personal attention from me and it will cut down on some of the TV in our routine. (Plus, I get the best cuddles from Ethan when we're reading a book together). I will report back on December 1st to let you know how it went!
If any of you are up for a challenge, I'd love to hear what you will do over the next 100 days with me!
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
This is such a great idea Aud! I realized that I missed my 100th post about 30 posts ago, but I should make a goal and do it for 100 days too-just where to start? I have so many things that I ought to be doing-like losing weight.... I'll have to think of something realistic and then make it a goal-let's be honest, losing the 30 lbs I need to lose might not be realistic for me :) Anyway, just from my experience, the best time to make it a habit to read to Jak is right before bed (we do it before each nap too, but that might get to be too much). It helps to calm him down and it's really the only time he sits still and cuddles a little. That's just what works for us :) Good luck!
Wow, what a great idea, let me think about it for a couple days, I think I'll do it with you.
I am so proud of you. I have heard about this 100 day stuff over in your neck of the woods and I was a little skeptical of what people would pick. Only because I didn't want to take the plunge. Its awesome and I love what some of you all are doing, little things that make a big difference, nobody is trying to cure a deadly disease yet.
More than half way!!! 76 days actually! I only say that because I do miss TV a little. Good luck with reading!
Post a Comment