I have been in an exercise rut. My long-standing walking routine has been stalled due to two toddlers who would rather ride tricycles than sit in a stroller, and I was on the fence about making a gym membership commitment. Then, two weeks ago I confessed on the blog that I was a former swimmer and suddenly I had an invitation from two friends who have been swimming laps in the mornings at our community swim club. After dusting off the goggles and swim cap, I lugged my tired body out of bed at 6:30 and went. It felt fantastic! I calculated that it had been nearly four years since I'd worked out in a pool, so my butterfly stroking was pretty weak, but otherwise I felt right at home. I even took the boys shopping to pick out a new kickboard for myself, which Ethan calls "mommy's skateboard" because he likes to scoot around the floor on it. So, if any of you out there are still needing a reason to start your own blog (as if a free place to post photos and shamelessly brag about your kids isn't enough), I can now say that blogging is good for your health.

7 comments:
Hey that's awesome! How did they find you? If only I could find someone around here that would motivate me to do something like get in shape....everyone I know just likes to scrapbook :) My finger muscles are top notch.
i'm so proud of you! you are such an amazing swimmer!
Love the family pictures!~
I wish I were a swimmer, but I so am not. Thanks for celebrating with me Monday!
Wow, good for you! It's nice to be able to meet someone, it gives you that extra push to get out the door in the morning.
I love swimming! And working out with friends makes it even better.
Ditto on what Kirsten said :-)
Who goes?? Simeon calls a skateboard and kickboard skaickboard but i bet you have heard him say that
Post a Comment