Friday, March 16, 2007

How Does Your Garden Grow?


We have a small patio hooked to the back of our condo that I had high hopes for when we first moved in. Those hopes quickly dissipated with the craziness of two babies in the two years we've lived here. But yesterday I decided to turn over a new leaf and learn to garden. With the help of my Mom (and two eager toddlers) we spent hours clearing out two years worth of overgrowth in the planter beds. It took a shovel, saw, and all of my body strength to yank a dead rosebush root out. Then we made the trip to Home Depot's gardening center and decided on some flowers called Impatias (which are super low-maintenance since I have yet to even keep a house plant alive!). I realize these pictures probably don't look too impressive, but it's a start at least! If I can keep these little beauties alive my next goal with be a tomato plant.


Ethan & Luke had the most fun splashing in the water of the garden hose. Luke would lie flat on the pavement and lick up the dirty water like a little dog (whose child is this anyway??!!). Good thing I left them in their pajamas because everything got muddy and soaking wet by the end of the day.









2 comments:

Unknown said...

My little boys lick the water like dogs, too! I don't why kids think that is a great idea.

cassaundra said...

Love this!! I am going to attempt to plant some flowers in the next few weeks...something low maintenance as well.