Friday, February 05, 2010

Lunch with 4-yr.-old Boys

Just another typical conversation with my Luke . . . I figure I have about two more years before he stops communicating with me at all . . .

Luke: Miss Kathy at my school says she doesn't like it when food hangs out of my mouth when I eat.
Me: Yeah, that's gross. Is eating nicely one of the rules at pre-school?
Luke: I don't really know what the rules are. But I try really hard to follow the rules. And behave.
Me: Well, how about not hitting? I bet that's one of the rules, that you shouldn't hit kids?
Luke: Yeah, hitting kids is bad. Mom, how come girls never get in trouble and boys always do?
Me: I don't know, why do you think?
Luke: Well, Mia and Maggie are super nice, and they have long hair, and boys have short hair, and girls with long hair only want to play with other girls who have long hair and NOT the boys. Boys only have short hair.
Me: Do you want to play with Mia and Maggie, Luke?
Luke: No.
Me: So who do you play with?
Luke: Roman and Cairo. They're boys.
Me: So, what do you like to play at school?
Luke: Mom, I'm so hungry. Can you stop making me talk? I just want to eat my hot dog.
Me: Okay Luke, sorry.
Luke: Hmph!

And on a totally unrelated note:
Look who's the cutest Cougar fan ever. We're going to watch the BYU vs. UCI Volleyball game tonight. Happy Friday!

5 comments:

bethany said...

I love Luke. I can't wait until Jakson finally speaks in coherent sentences.

How cute is Chloe?!?

Susan R said...

Oh my gosh! Too funny Audra. Baby girl is looking cuter than ever in the pink.

Tami said...

Luke is hilarious. So classic. And Chloe is adorable!

Ben and Heidi said...

I LOVE it when you post these little conversations with lukey...I can't get enough! Chloe is such a cutie!!

Nate said...

Audra, my name is Holly i went to high school with Willie. my 7 year old son was just diagnosed with rhabdomyosarcoma, a malignant tumor in his face and the base of his skull. i know willie went through chemo when he was just a little bit older than my son and i was wondering if i could ask him some questions. we start chemo tomorrow (tuesday feb.16)and it is all so overwhelming. my email is goochymomma@gmail.com our blog for him is www.mysuperspence.blogspot.com
i would appreciate it if he would contact me so i can ask him some questions. thank you so much
holly gooch (p.s. i am sara gibson's best friend)