Friday, December 11, 2009

Baaaaa Baaaaa

A conversation between Luke & Sister Rasmussen at the Nativity Rehearsal before tonight's Ward Christmas Party:

Luke, would you like to be a Shepherd?

No.

Luke, would you like to be a Wise Man?

No.

Luke, are you afraid to be on stage?
No.
Well then, what would you like to be, Luke?
(Long pause)

A Goat.

Excuse me?

A Goat.
Hmmm, well we don't exactly have a goat costume, but there's this sheep mask in the bottom of the costume bucket . . .

It was love at first sight.

I present to you, the world's creepiest-looking, most excited,
sound-effect-making
Nativity Sheep:
And if one is going to be a sheep, it's only natural that the other is going to follow suite as a donkey right?
They were fairly attentive during the performance, except when they started crawling around the stage on all fours (because that's what animals do Mom!).
And speaking of dressing up, I still can't get over this one's little legs in her Christmas get-up:
And check out that drool coming off her pouty bottom lip--it's the only thing my children inherit from me. Otherwise they're pretty Bollard through and through.
Besides his sheep debut, this was Luke's first time ever happily sitting on Santa's lap. It was a big night for him. He must really, really want that T-Rex Robot he ordered up.

4 comments:

Susan R said...

Very cute. Well....you have constant entertainment Audra. Your boys must keep you laughing.

bethany said...

I love that your boys always have an opinion about everything. It's too funny!! And Chloe looks adorable-love the tights!

Lance and Kristi said...

I can't believe I missed the party! I would have loved to see your little animals perform.

Thanks for sharing.

Tami said...

That is so hilarious! Thanks for the laugh. Too, too cute--each one of them.