Thursday, June 04, 2009

Lime-A-Licous

With Ethan it was Applesauce

With Luke it was Mashed Potatoes & Orange Julius

And with Baby Girl the #1 pregnancy craving is all about:
LIMES

How many lime-flavored foods can there be you might be wondering?
Oh, let me tell you. Here's what I've had in just the last week alone:

Sparkling Water with a hint of lime
Christy's limonada (limeade mixed with Sprite)
Simply Limeade (the best store-bought brand around!)
Yoplait's Key Lime Pie yogurt
A huge piece of Morton's Key Lime Pie (to top off my birthday dinner)
Katie's Fiesta Chicken recipe--with a lime based chicken marinade and homeade salsa topping made with fresh lime juice, it's basically double heaven for me right now
But here's what really put me over the moon:
Paula Deen's Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes with Honey Lime Butter
Don't be fooled by the words "whole wheat" in the recipe. It's not healthy by any means. And now I fight the urge to make these every morning.

(Hopefully after all this sour it's possible to produce a little sweetie, right?)

5 comments:

Danielle Harris said...

That's pretty random. I haven't heard of craving limes before. It's better than craving doughnuts or McDonalds. Oh yeah, you would rather die than eat that. I think the chicken and salsa sounds really good. May have to try that one.

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

I love lime! And I agree with you, all the Simply juices are the BEST. Lime is a wonderful thing to crave...keep posting any good lime recipes you find.

Katie Abernethy said...

I can honestly say, I've never heard of that craving before. Audra, did I ever send you an invite to my blog?

The Jensen Family said...

Lime Tostitos! you will thank me...I promise

Susan R said...

Aud you are in sooo much trouble. So I went to the store and saw the "Simply" limeade and lemonade. I'm hooked. I like the lemonade the best. It's a good thing they don't sell this stuff at Costco...I'd be buying it in bulf. However, it was 2/$5 at the grocery store, so I took advantage of that. I'm using the food storage excuse for buying so much of it.
BTW: McDonalds will kill you....I might have to think about the donut thing. Krispy Kreme are the exception to that rule.