Here is the stage, where after our "Roast Beast Feast," we watched an entire musical production of the Dr. Seuss book.
Saturday, December 06, 2008
Whobilation
I wish I had taken more pictures, but I had to share the few I did take of our Ward Christmas Party, all themed around The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. It was incredible!
Here is the stage, where after our "Roast Beast Feast," we watched an entire musical production of the Dr. Seuss book.
This picture doesn't do it justice, but the gym was completely transformed into Whoville. That huge tree in the background was flocked in bright pink!
About all I could muster for costumes was to put my kids in their striped Christmas pajamas, but many were much more creative than us in the dress-up department. I still don't know how Kelly managed to get her hair like that?!
How many of these do you think Luke ate? I lost count . . .
And of course, no ward party would be complete without a visit from Santa. Ethan came prepared with a written list to present, just in case Santa's memory gets faulty. One item on the list: a real snowman. Hmmmm, have fun making that happen Santa!
You'll notice I have no pictures of Luke. He ran screaming from Santa and hid in a corner of the room rolled up into a little ball. No amount of coaxing by me, Ethan, Santa, or Mrs Claus (who was offering candy canes) could make him come near Santa. Ethan informed him he might not get any presents, but all to no avail.
Here is the stage, where after our "Roast Beast Feast," we watched an entire musical production of the Dr. Seuss book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
That is completely awesome! What effort must have gone into that. You're making me think *maybe* my ward isn't the coolest ever.
That is seriously incredible. Kudos to an amazing activities committee or whoever planned that. We had our party last night and it was definitely not so glamorous! I LOVE the Grinch.
I just came home from our ward party and looked at your pictures of your party and decided Utah has no clue how to do ward parties! I miss amazing activities like that. Oh, what you can do with a little effort! What fun!
what an awesome party idea! i'll have to remember that if i ever get put on the activities committee... knock wood... although, i don't know that i'm detail oriented enough for something like that.
on another note, that picture of ethan, list in hand, is a classic!
Wow what a party!!! Looks like so much fun.
Unreal! The ward never ceases to amaze. I wish we could have been there to see it, and I wouldn't mind asking Kelly about her hair as well. What a great idea for Halloween 09 . . .
Post a Comment