Thursday, June 19, 2008

Co-Op Do-Op

Today marked the last day of the 3 yr. old Pre-school Co-op that Ethan participated in this year. Overall it was a great experience, with benefits beyond the obvious fact that it was free and it gave me one less kid at the grocery store. I think it's helped Ethan really blossom socially and taught him all about topics I would've never thought to teach him about. I'm amazed at the creativity of these talented Moms. I think I even surprised myself on a few occasions by really having fun with some of the lesson I've taught. Last week I laughed hysterically when I helped the kids fill out an "All About Dad" questionnaire for Father's Day. One child told me that Dad "plays computer games all day" at work and another told me loves his Dad because he "gives hugs like a teddy bear." Only one child correctly named his Father's age (all the other Dad's were deemed to be 3 or a ?). Here's Ethan's:
These baseball lacing cards about gave me carpel tunnel to prepare, but the kids seemed to enjoy this "sewing" project.
Here's the whole group today at Kelly's house. She was brave enough to try and get them all to smile nice for an end of the year picture.
And then she let them stick out their tongues.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those little father's day projects...you are so creative!

Hey, we are going to be in Agoura for the 4th of July...any chance you are headed up there that weekend? If not, we may make a quick stop to visit Matt and Belize in Irvine. We should try to at least say hello!

Amy said...

Super cute pictures of the kids! Ya, Rob got a good laugh when he saw that Hannah thinks he plays computer games at work. Thanks for lots of fun projects, it was great!

Annalisa said...

Was your co-op anything like joy school? Or are you too young for that? Anyway, love the father's day projects.

Kelsey said...

I love the father's day projects. I may have to steal that questionaire idea from you for next year. Way to let your creative juices flow!!!

cassaundra said...

Okay, i have been hearing all abou the lace cards lately...where did you find those?? We were thinking of making them at LP...we'll be missing you guys!