Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easter Egg Hunt 2008

So I inexplicably left my camera at home today during the annual church Easter Egg Hunt. Veteran blogger-mom that I am, I was dreaming of a post featuring pictures of my little darlings' delight upon busting open plastic eggs full of fluorescent-colored jelly beans. Even more adorable would've been the pictures of Luke with my friend Jenny's pet bunnies, which she kindly brought to the hunt and allowed all 40ish of the kids to pet and hold (let me tell you, these were some brave, brave bunnies). But what I really wish I'd captured is a little movie of some dialogue between Ethan & Will later after the hunt.

Every night poor Will tries to eat his dinner while Ethan bombards him with questions and news of the day (and Luke tries to steal food off of Will's plate). Today Ethan was showing off his loot and popped open an egg containing a Black Cherry Sour Warhead (yep, reach back in your memory to about the fourth grade). Will tried to warn Ethan that he wouldn't want to eat this one. Carefully considering the candy in his hand, Ethan solemnly asked, "Is it because it makes you toot?" Baffled, we explained that "No, it's because the candy is super-sour, like a lemon." But Ethan again pointed to the package and explained, "Nope, this guy is tooting out of his ears."

Luckily Ethan was saved the misery of trying the candy by Luke, his ever eager guinea pig. It was promptly spit out and thrown in the trash.
Here's hoping for some chocolate bunnies come Sunday!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Tooting out of his ears...hee-hee. That's a good one.

Angie Bollard said...

Audra,
I just wanted to drop a note to say that I have found this really great website that let's you list all of your books and let's you see what your friends are reading. It's called Good Reads.com. You can make your own reviews and see if there are any book events near you that you can go to. I mentioned it because I loved your book review last year and I thought you would enjoy it.
Angie Bollard