We celebrated Luke's birthday yesterday--the caboose on our endless summer of Birthday celebrations (I've baked a lot of birthday cakes lately--a good & bad thing). People say to me, "I can't believe he's 2 already," but I can definitely believe it. It's getting harder to remember a time when Luke and Ethan weren't the package deal that they are today. I remember newborn moments with Ethan, I've mentally blocked out the bedrest nightmare, and suddenly my memory returns to the two of them always together. I feel like two years with my Irish twins has stretched me and taught me more than any other time. I do not feel like I've always risen to the challenge with the best attitude or parenting strategies, but after two years I think I'm starting to catch on little by little. Like I'm slowly moving forward on this journey instead of feeling like I'm sliding backward into a mountain of dirty diapers and overturned toy boxes. And, thanks largely to Luke's zany personality, I laugh more. Both boys give me at least on thing to truly belly-laugh about every single day--and that is a great gift. Here's some favorite pic's from Luke's early days:
They grow up so fast :) I'm am in awe of your mothering skills-just to keep both of them alive whatever other deficiencies you believe you have (I think you're great-planting a garden with them, taking them to the park, these children are not neglected :)). So congrats to you for being such a wonderful mother! And happy birthday to Luke-cute pics!
3 comments:
They grow up so fast :) I'm am in awe of your mothering skills-just to keep both of them alive whatever other deficiencies you believe you have (I think you're great-planting a garden with them, taking them to the park, these children are not neglected :)). So congrats to you for being such a wonderful mother! And happy birthday to Luke-cute pics!
Happy Birthday Luke!
You're doing an awesome job with your boys, Aud!
Post a Comment