
September is the best time of the year to go to the beach: a comfortable 78 degrees, all the tourists have gone home, and FRONT ROW parking at La Jolla Shores. Not to mention, it's an entire day of free entertainment for two busy boys. They rolled in the sand, discovered the "joys" of playing with the sea weed, ate a lunch packed in the new lunchbox, built sandcastles with Grandma Rose and played on the park equipment. What they did not do was go in the ocean--a complete source of frustration to me, as I like nothing better than endless swimming and boogie boarding. Luke is game if you hold him at your hip the entire time, but goes hysterical if you try to put him down in the tiny waves lapping the shore. Ethan starts hyperventilating within 10 feet of the tide. But, I will continue to persevere and encourage more ocean swimming--maybe they'll get brave by next year. Regardless, it was a completely relaxing, gorgeous day.
Thanks for hanging with us Mom!






3 comments:
An outdoor playground that isn't too hot and they can't really break anything-I need to get one of those!
I love La Jolla Shores, it is such a beautiful beach.....you are welcome to come boogie board w/my kids anytime. i'm a wimp in the water!
Sounds like my kids AGAIN! The older 2 love to be in the water now but JT used to scream hysterically if Rory even crawled in that direction!
Post a Comment