I have always loved to cook. What I DO NOT love is the seven day a week grind of deciding what to cook for dinner, and the inevitable dishes and pot-scrubbing that follow every meal. This is why my Dinner Group could possibly be the smartest thing I've gotten myself involved in this past year. My two neighbors, Luci & Kirsten, drop off an AMAZING dinner to my house two nights a week, and then allow me to cook for their families one night a week. 1 night of cooking = smaller grocery lists, 2 nights of great food, no dishes, and new recipes to boot. This picture is of Luci's Carbonara Pasta, which I liked so much I ate it for dinner and twice for lunch last week (the picture really doesn't do it justice). And Kirsten has introduced us to the joys of Indian Naan bread, homemade German noodles, and a fruit salad that Will says rivals his family's favorite "bionicos" in Mexico. If we ever move from our condo, the list of factors to consider for a new place will now have to include: two neighbors who will tolerate my own cooking and bring me food that is far more fabulous. It's a tough order to fill, so for now we will just eat and enjoy as long as I can keep this good thing going!And there, I've done it, two posts in a row NOT about Ethan & Luke!

3 comments:
I really wish that there were people here who would do this dinner group thing with me. It sounds really nice! Especially if they are good cooks :) Yes, yes I am jealous.
My dinner group is dying slowly. Two girls have dropped out in the last month. There's just two of us left, who knows how much longer it will last.
I am in this fabulous dinner group and I just have to say that it is a joy getting dinners from Audra. She is a fantastic cook and a great next-door neighbor!
Post a Comment