Wednesday, March 07, 2007

A Brief Lesson In "Ethanese"

Our Ethan is a talker. However, he seems to have made up his own little language. Here's what a translation guide from Ethanese to English would look like (hope this helps when we go out of town Mom!) :

Hot Stars = Fireworks
Nose Wipe = Kleenex
Juicy Water = Propel
Play Low = Playdough
Bear = fuzzy blue blanket
Bears = fuzzy blue blanket, plus two other fuzzy blankets, 1 stuffed bear and 1 stuffed Eyeore, all of which must be accounted for before he goes to sleep
Wee = swing at the playground (that you say "weeee" on when you go high)
Orange = the only color he says for all shades of orange, brown, tan, yellow, pink, white etc. (we seriously think he may be colorblind).
Charchie = Uncle Charlie
Noopy = Snoopy
Notion = Lotion
Merry Kissmas = Christmas
Car Book = A piece of junk mail we got advertising race-car themed party supplies that Ethan is completely attached too
Underwears Queen = Underwear with a picture of Lightening McQueen across the backside
Happy Ween! = Halloween
Big One = An entire cookie, cracker or whatever I'm trying to feed him only a small bite of
Mick = Cement mixer truck
Baby Max = All children under the age of one

6 comments:

Will said...

You forgot "Milkor juice." This is Ethan's request for either milk or juice, and you'll never know which one he really wants.

Example of usage:
Q: Do you want milk, or do you want juice?
A: Milkor juice.

Go said...

I love this post.

Annie said...

DANG IT! I give up.

DAVE AND CANDACE BOLLARD said...

I'm glad to know Courtney isn't the only one who gets attached to junk mail. This is such a great post! You'll love looking back on this.

bethany said...

I'll have to let Jakson know that his name will be "Baby Max" for the day :)

cassaundra said...

So cute! I love it!! Miles has those PJ's!